As the Autumn fast approaches, Winchester City PCN has been working behind the scenes for some weeks now in preparation for the Autumn Covid and Flu Vaccination Programme.
We kindly ask that you do not call your surgery to book in, as all eligible persons have been invited in by text.
The vaccinations will take place at Badger Farm Surgery, SO22 4QB once more (as in the Spring), and will run between the hours of 0800 and 1730 on Saturday and Sunday. The programme will run until approximately the Sunday 26th November 2023. There is also additional capacity on Monday – Friday evenings during October between 1600 and 1930.
The advice for this autumn is to offer the vaccine to those at high risk of serious disease and who are therefore most likely to benefit from vaccination. Specifically, JCVI advises the following groups be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine this autumn:
- residents in a care home for older adults
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 chapter (Green Book)
- frontline health and social care workers
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults.
The local vaccination service is now live. If eligible, you will have received a text invite for your seasonal COVID and flu vaccination. If you do not have a mobile number registered with your surgery, please contact them to be booked in.